Freitag, 26. August 2011

My summer

Time flies....
we have August, end of August already, and a little feeling of autum wispers now and then through mind and air.
My summer has been full of experience, work and nature.

i had no time to blog for a while, so i will run through my summer months.
In July i worked a lot, had some opera performances and visited my grand aunt.

she went on vacation to Bad Rothenfelde.this is a nice little spa town.

And on the day she turned 89, i was there to sing an Ave Maria in the church.all the seniors were so nice, and wanted me to sing some songs and airs.
i had no accompaniment, so i sang there a-capella and did some old folk songs togehter with those people.
it was a lovely experience.

at the begin of August i had a scholarship (award) to go to Bayreuth, and see there 3 performances of the operas of Wagner: Tristan und Isolde, Meistersinger and Tannhäuser.i am not a fanatic fan of his music, but it was great to be there once.normally people wait for 10 years to get a ticket.



And the last 10 days i have been on the way of St. James. Since i went to Santiago di Compostela in 2007, i really enjoy walking, peregrinate.there are so many old ways to get to the main "Camino" in Spain.
With my friend, which i met on the way in 2007, i walk every year for some days in the summer.
This year we discovered the region of Brandenburg and Märkische Schweiz.It was beautiful there, and the people were so kind and helpful.Every day we did about 25 km.










my friend, searching the right way on the i-phone....










Every evening we found some place to stay.To take a shower , eat something and sleep is the greatest thing after such a day.But i love it.

Back home, i did a little hike with my parents.the black forest has so many nice places to discover.

















And now i´m looking for an appartement in Frankfurt.This is so difficult.Please cross fingers..
Sunday i have a concert in Fankfurt and everyday life will start again..
 And now my cards, inspired by summer , hiking and music...















wishing you a sunny weekend....
Take care.
Lots of hugs,
Franziska















3 Kommentare:

  1. Thank you, Franziska, for those beautiful pictures of your summer! I feel like I had a little vacation myself! Beautiful cards as well, reflecting the beautiful places you've been to. Sending hugs!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. You have such a beautiful life Franziska! It makes me miss all the things I used to do and all the things I still love but somehow never get to do anymore! I love all these beautiful scenic photos, I want to put on my hiking shoes, a backpack on my back and start walking now, forever, but I don't think my 5 year old will be happy! Great cards that really capture the essence of your adventures.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Your photographs are breathtaking! I loved every moment! And your cards are so very beautiful Franziska. So happy you had such a wonderful summer. I wish I could hear you sing Ave Maria ... it is my favourite and often brings to tears. Sending a hug :)

    AntwortenLöschen